The ACT Foundation (ACT) was formed in 1994 and is registered with the Charity Commission (charity number 1068617).
ACT provides grants to individuals and other charities, principally in the UK, with the aim of enhancing the quality of life for people in need, particularly those who have a physical or mental disability or the aged and who are living in poverty.
- People with physical and mental disabilities
- the aged
- Hospices and end of life care
- Support for young carers
Our grants generally fall into the following areas:
- Building - funding modifications to charities, special schools, hospices etc.
- Equipment - provision of specialist wheelchairs, other mobility aids and equipment including medical equipment and technology to assist independent living
- Respite – help towards the cost of short-term respite breaks at registered respite centres
Our income is derived from our investment portfolio. We receive many more applications than we can fund and have to prioritise our grants towards those most in need. Where it is deemed that the beneficiary, the beneficiary’s family or the applying charity/organisation are able to provide the equipment from their own resources we regret that the application will not be considered.
Trustees and Officers
Michael Street OBE - Chairman
Denis Taylor - Deputy Chairman
John O'Sullivan MBE
Andrew Ross OBE
Denis Taylor - Executive Trustee
James Kerr - Group Investment & Compliance Director